9/26/10 – Day 2 – The Calming of the Seas

     We began this Sunday morning with an interdenominational worship service.  It was nice to fellowship with other believers, as well as share in communion together.  We will be studying the book of Luke with our chaplain, Rev. Bryce Little, during the daily devotional times and Sunday worship services as we sail.  The seas are much calmer today, which is a welcome change.  This allowed me to finally be able to completely unpack, which I found to be quite difficult yesterday with the boat rocking as much as it was.  We gained another hour while we slept last night, which puts us 5 hours behind Florida’s Eastern Time zone.
     I have officially come to the conclusion that I am probably the youngest of the 1,100 guests on this cruise, which isn’t overly different than I had imagined, but I will definitely miss the same-age peer interaction over the next couple of months.  I guess for my younger adult interactions, I’ll have to focus on getting to know the crew and interacting with the locals while in port.  And, in the mean time, with my fellow passengers, enjoy the wisdom and experience of my elders (It’s a good thing I like old people).  As an added bonus, due to the lack of children and youth on the cruise, I have found a nice quiet personal refuge in the “teen only” sections of the boat, including a couple of hammocks on a top deck that I’m pretty sure have yet to be discovered by any other passengers on the ship. 
     Tonight was our first formal night.  We had a reception before dinner where we had the opportunity to meet our captain and the heads of each department on the ship.  Dinner was amazing…I had salmon with a kiwi-mango salsa that was delicious. (Kenneth, we thought of you as Escargot was one of the appetizers).

No comments:

Post a Comment